1. You may print and keep a copy of this Agreement. Champs Ottawa Baseball may change the terms in this Agreement at any time. The Web Site provides access to a blog focused primarily on the White House and President Barack Obama, but may also include other topics.
2. Intellectual Property Rights. All text, software (including source and object codes), visual, oral or other digital material, photographs, information, data, graphics and all other content of any description available on the Web Site, or included in the Service and all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, patent registration rights, trade secrets, know-how, database rights, and all other rights in or relating to the Content (collectively, the “Intellectual Property”) are owned by Champs Ottawa Baseball or its licensors, and are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties or other proprietary rights and laws of the United States of America (“U.S.”).
3. Grant of License. (a) As a User of this Web Site, you are granted a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable, nonassignable, revocable, limited license to access and use the Web Site, Service and Content in the following manner: to participate in a discussion forum that allows the exchange of ideas with other Users; to use any services or Content provided on the Web Site (e.g., participating in polls, viewing videos); and to use the links provided to move to other web sites. Champs Ottawa Baseball may terminate this license at any time for any reason. (b) You irrevocably grant Champs Ottawa Baseball and its assigns a nonexclusive, royalty-free, world-wide and perpetual license to copy, display, disseminate, publish, translate, modify, reformat, or create derivative works from anything that you publish or post.
4. Limitations on Use.
You may not use the Service or the Content for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement. The Content on this Web Site is for Personal Use only and not for commercial exploitation. As used in this Agreement, “Personal Use” includes your use in a business, academic, professional, organizational, or individual setting. Unauthorized Use includes, but is not limited to, performing, or carrying out, any of the other prohibited acts set out in this subsection
5. User Conduct. You are solely responsible for your information and warrant that you have all legal rights and licenses necessary for you to comply with Section 5. In connection with the Services and Content, you will not: (a) act in an unwanted or offensive manner toward another User; (b) use the Service for commercial or advertising purposes; (c) harm or exploit minors in any way, which includes requesting personal or other information
6. Commissions. While House Dossier accepts forms of cash advertising and receives a commission on many products featured for purchase on the Web Site.
7. Writers. Writers for Champs Ottawa Baseball are not compensated to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed by the writer are purely the writer’s views and opinions. If a writer claims or appears to be an expert on any matter, including without limitation a certain topic or product or service area, he or she will only endorse products, services, websites or other items that he/she believes, based on his/her expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.
8. Links/Third Party Content. Third party content may appear on this Web Site or may be accessible via links from this Web Site. Champs Ottawa Baseball is not responsible for, and assumes no liability for, any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on the Web Site.
9. Errors and Corrections. Champs Ottawa Baseball does not represent or warrant that the Web Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected; however, it will make reasonable efforts to correct any such problems if notified by a User.
10. Legal Action. If you attempt to bring any legal action against Champs Ottawa Baseball or its owner based on Champs Ottawa Baseball’s Web Site, Content, or Service, you agree to pay the owner one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) as liquidated damages and reimburse the owner for any costs and attorneys fees associated with his defense.
11. Unlawful Activity. Champs Ottawa Baseball reserves the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of the Agreement and to take any action Champs Ottawa Baseball deems appropriate including, but not limited to, reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to User profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
12. Authorized Third Parties. Champs Ottawa Baseball reserves the right to allow third parties to provide any necessary services to Champs Ottawa Baseball and/or to Users to enable Champs Ottawa Baseball to provide the Service.
13. Remedies for Violations. Champs Ottawa Baseball reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of this Agreement including, but not limited to, the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Web Site.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the U.S. and the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to conflicts-of-law principles thereof. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia with respect to any legal proceedings that may arise in connection with the Service or from a dispute as to the interpretation or breach of this Agreement.